It’s spring time in Middle Tennessee, and warmer weather means kids and pets bringing dirt into your home. To keep your hardwood floors looking their best, follow these 8 easy tips from Drycon of Middle Tennessee.
- Wipe spills up immediately. Accidents are inevitable, but be sure to clean spills quickly to limit staining.
- Place a mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt and moisture tracked into your home. Limiting the debris brought in can help preserve your hardwood floors.
- Keep your pet’s nails trimmed. This helps to avoid damage from scratches.
- Avoid cleaners that have ammonia, detergents, bleach, polishes, oil soaps, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic materials.
- Sweep, dust and vacuum your hardwood floors regularly, at least once per week.
- Protect your hardwood floors from direct sunlight. Direct sunlight can cause discoloration and warping.
- Use protective padding under the legs of furniture on your hardwoods. Replace hard, narrow furniture rollers with wide rubber rollers.
- Protect high-traffic areas with area rugs. This will help decrease the damage caused by normal wear and tear to your hardwood floors.
Of course, regular professional cleaning can help protect your hardwood floors and extend their life. Drycon of Middle Tennessee offers professional hardwood cleaning for just $60 per room or $75 per room with furniture moving.
If you live in the Middle Tennessee area, call 615-533-6641 to schedule your hardwood cleaning appointment today.
Serving Murfreesboro, Mt. Juliet, Hermitage, and surrounding areas, Drycon is your award winning carpet, hardwood, and upholstery cleaning service company. With our patented cleaning solutions, your hardwood floors will be clean and dry in 30 minutes.